Re: Making Linkchecker working parallel

On Jul 22, 2005, at 7:01, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 21:18 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:
>
>> The documentation for LWP::Parallel::* is a bit scattered, so after
>> giving it a further look, I found that there is a "middle ground"
>> between the rather awkward chunk-based callback subroutine, and the
>> slow-return batch wait().
> [...]
>
> This sounds promising indeed.  If you want to experiment, I have
> nothing
> against just going ahead and commiting this stuff to CVS (HEAD or a new
> branch, you decide).

I have started moving code in this direction, see rev 4.22 of
bin/checklink. It is not great code at all (and I blame it partially on
a nasty virus numbing and dumbing me down even more than usual...) but
hopefully it's a starting point.

Ville, Dom, you had expressed a wish to play with such code, please
tell me if you're doing any modification and planning a commit, so that
I know if I should proceed to cleaning up my code within the next few
days, time permitting.

Cheers,