Re: checklink: 3.9.3 beta

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 10:12, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> This should allow us to "make install" when we want to update :80 and
> cvs-up when dealing with :8001. This seems reasonable, although there
> might be @INC issues when we modularize. We may want to think of this
> in advance.

A well-chosen "SetEnv PERL5LIB" in httpd.conf should work.  OTOH it
needs to be checked whether that works with taint mode.

> I just noticed a small issue with the relative URIs for the images.
> checklink.html tries to access images in ".". Maybe we could replicate
> the directory structure of the validator and put images in images/,
> docs in docs/ and have the docs refer to "../images/foo" ?

Maybe, but that would mean a bit of extra work for folks installing the
link checker (docs) locally, and the doc couldn't any more be installed
to /checklink.html (theoretically /../images might not "work").  Not big
issues, but before changing, we should be really sure that the new setup
is "correct" and that we don't have to change soon again.