Re: [meeting] notes from 2004-07-06

On Jul 7, 2004, at 8:53 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Aaargh!  I forgot.

My bad. As the notes (in a terribly worded manner) state, I failed to
confirm this meeting, either on the Wiki or in other form. I'll try to
change the status from tentative to confirmed within a few days before
the meeting from now on.

> Can we have one or more of:
>   * an automated email reminder 24 hours before
I used to do that, but was told it was more annoying than useful. Can
send a message to those who want, though...

>   * a 'next meet' reminder permanently in the Topic for #validator

Sounds reasonable.

> I've revisited that doctype-defaulting bug and am discussing a proposed
> solution with Terje. When I tried hacking it into current CVS code, the
> indirection in the current templating system confused me sufficiently
> to suppose that I'm completely off-base in "check"

AFAIK the template code is only still in HEAD, while we're currently
still working on the validator-0_6_0-branch branch for the upcoming
0.6.7 release. I am not sure whether the fix should be applied to HEAD
or the branch, but my understanding was the latter.

>  but I think I've demoed the fix in outline.

A patch would probably be best, but if you don't have time (or for
whichever reason) to do the actual patch, please send the details of
the demo so that we can implement it.

Thanks!