Re: [check] 0.6.2 release (Was Re: inaccuracies in validator)

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 20:37, Terje Bless wrote:

> Ville: Can we use the vendor sgml-lib on Red Hat?

I believe the vendor libs are currently only a small subset of what we
want to be able to validate against.  They seem to be adding more
though, rawhide has xhtml1-dtds for example.

>  Integrate with it?

Yes, the catalogs can be integrated with the system, using
install-catalog(8) and/or xmlcatalog(1).  I'll have a look at doing this
in the spec file, probably already for 0.6.2.

> In the 0.7.0 timeframe we should be able to provide a suffieciently clean
> sgml-lib package -- possibly the proposed separate DTD registry/collection
> project -- that we could propose Red Hat use that instead/in addition to
> what they ship now.

Yes, my +[as many as I have] for it.  And by no means it should be
limited to Red Hat; there are multiple OS's and the like that would
benefit greatly from this.  I'm interested in contributing some work to
make this happen.

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi