Re: div#main padding in validator/htdocs/base.css

On Friday, Jul 25, 2003, at 00:06 Asia/Tokyo, Terje Bless wrote:
> Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:
> Go right ahead. If anything breaks or I don't like it, I'll cheerfully
> and
> shamelessly revert it or change it. Unless a commit involves
> non-trivial
> changes to Perl code or the config files, I see no reason to be so
> conservative in commits.

Fine with me, I just wanted to be on the safe side since I knew this is
something you've been working on lately. I will follow the "go ahead
for anything minor" idea from now on.

> That said, I'll probably tweak that bit some more. I'm not really
> happy with
> the way it turned out (the Submit button in particular) so some more
> tweaking
> is due before release.

My experience with forms and CSS tells me that unless you go with
tables (yeah, I know...), you'll never get the submit buttons to align
well. The behaviour varies too much from one agent to another. But good
luck anyway :).