Re: [checklink] HTTP basic authentication

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 09:21, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Agreed, however I think this applies more to what is called by the
> comma tool rather than what's at validator.w3.org/checklink. In other
> word, the comma tool could call checklink?uri=foobar&auth=w3.org
> instead of just checklink?uri=foobar.
>
> Hope this makes sense.

If this is really necessary, it can be implemented (please add a RFE to
Bugzilla if so).  But the current behaviour is that unless configured
otherwise, the authentication will be sent to the hostname that
requested it.  I imagine this will satisfy common use cases.

Regarding whether the authentication should be sent to a hostname or
domain if nothing was configured or given in the command line, I went
for the hostname.  As Olivier said, it's the safe side, not to mention
it was easier for me to implement it :)

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi