Re: [PWE] Agenda 18 January 2022

Hello,

Thanks for everyone who made it to the meeting today.

Here's the *very* draft of the dispute resolution guidance (attached). I am
not precious about any of this, so feel free to voice as much disagreement
as you like!

The main principle that we worked towards was what will make a practical
impact, and work with human behaviour rather than against it. A lot of the
guidance in the UK is focussed on mediation / resolving issues without a
complaint as it tends to be more effective.

Things that I'd really welcome feedback on are:

   - the balance between solving the issue between individual/mediation and
   disciplinary action
   - the general time lines, for example is 3 months an adequate time frame
   to raise a complaint?
   - the general issue of the degree of confidentiality regarding the
   outcomes of a process
   - who should receive a complaint (this could be resolved by whatever
   process gets put in place for investigations)
   - the different disciplinary actions, is there anything missing, should
   one be removed?
   - any problems with tone / language etc

Also, please send through any useful/shareable practices you've come
across. This is mainly based a lot on the UK side of things (such as Acas
<https://www.acas.org.uk/mediation>) so I'm expecting some nuances across
different contexts.

I'm looking to get version 2 out for hopefully the meeting on 15 February.
I think after that we can put it in Github. Apologies for my constant use
of docs, it's just easier for me than Github(!) Let me know if you need it
in a different format.

Cheers,

Liz

--
[image: Cabinet Office - Government Digital Service]

*Liz Lutgendorff*
Lead Insights and Analysis Advisor
International Team