Re: CfC for CEPC Reminder

Hi Tzviya, Ada, An Qi,

Thanks for all the work on this.

I noticed a few things, most of which I think could be handled through
copy edits.

  * In the paragraph starting with "The Code of Ethics and Professional
    Conduct is ..." there is a sentence stating "The goal of this code
    of conduct is to ensure transparency in moderation of the working
    group and to ensure that the working group is an environment where
    everyone can participate without fear of harassment." This sounds
    like we only mean the CEPC to apply to working groups. The
    subsequent paragraph lists a variety of different environments in
    which the CEPC applies, which I think is more realistic. The other
    themes in this sentence I think are covered in other introductory
    matter. It may be possible to remove this sentence without losing
    any of the meaning covered elsewhere.
  * End of this section: "Including "unacceptable behavior is new to
    CEPC." Missing one set of closing quotation marks.
  * "mental illness" I believe we had agreed to change this to "mental
    health".
  * No outing -- (Jeff also raised a question on this) -- I'm unclear of
    the meaning of the proposed exceptions here. Perhaps needs discussion.
  * "reserves the right" --> "reserves the right"
  * "...and tend to speak louder than they usually would when
    communicating in their native tongue" This sounds like a
    generalization that may not be accurate for all. I suggest instead
    "...and may speak louder than they usually..."
  * "If you are responsible for a community within the W3C such as a
    chair of a working group" suggested rewording "If you are
    responsible for a community within the W3C such as in the role of a
    chair of a working group"
  * "against a co-worker or any professional relations" suggested
    rewording "against a co-worker or other professional relation.
  * "A person who's gender identity" suggested rewording "A person whose
    gender identity"
  * "particularly culturally marginalized grou" suggested rewording "
    particularly culturally marginalized groups"
  * "a person maybe attracted to" suggested rewording "a person may be
    attracted to"

Thanks,

- Judy

--