From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2019 5:07 AM
To: §õ¦wµX(Ó°µX) <angelli.laq@alibaba-inc.com>; public-pwe@w3.org
Subject: Re: µªÎ`: Process for working on the CEPC

Hi Angel,

Going through all the pull requests is going to take me too long. Here are a couple of recent ones where things could have been done better:

  *   changes to "made a mistake" section #52<https://github.com/w3c/PWETF/pull/52> No issue, opened 5th June, merged 13th June, no pull request reviews, one positive comment which itself had one thumbs up.
  *   added be inclusive/removed ¡§nevers¡¨ #49<https://github.com/w3c/PWETF/pull/49> No issue, opened 6th May, merged 3rd July, one ¡§request changes review¡¨, after merge a comment was added that a previous comment had not been addressed. This was likely avoidable by better communication about what was happening, specifically, committing the fixes to the source branch, resolving the comments and then merging.

The first one was merged after 8 days, which is fairly speedy, and makes me wonder what the appropriate review period should be for this group, since it is unstated at the moment.

The second demonstrates that communicating clearly about changes being made in response to comments would help avoid tensions.

Both had no issue, and seemed to come out of the blue, I e. without any motivation. If there were discussions about them, then a pointer to those would have been welcome. If there are informal out-of-meeting discussions, that¡¦s fine of course, but I would request that they are summarised in some form probably in an issue so that there¡¦s a formal record of who talked about what and what they concluded, and so that other participants can voice any relevant opinions in favour or against.

Nigel