Re: Annotations - Readium / EDRLab proposal

Thanks Laurent! No surprise, I am really interested in this… Count me in for a new TF!

At some point, it will be very important to have a discussion on the business interest for such annotation. A topic that will be discussed at next week's TPAC meeting.

Ivan

> On 19 Sep 2024, at 16:19, Laurent Le Meur <laurent@edrlab.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Here is the specification EDRLab has written and is currently prototyping in Thorium Reader.
>
> https://github.com/readium/annotations
> There are open discussions on https://github.com/readium/annotations/discussions, feel free to participate.
>
> I'll be happy to present this work (remotely) during the "Locators and Annotations" session.
> The https://github.com/readium/annotations <https://github.com/readium/annotations/discussions> URL can therefore be added to the list of references for the meeting.
>
> Our goal is have a new TF working on a consensus on these extensions to the existing W3C Annotation model.
> The hardest discussion will certainly be around the required Locator contained in any shared annotation.
> Another (simpler I think) discussion will be about where to store an Annotation Set in an EPUB.
>
> Best regards,
> Laurent Le Meur
> Director, EDRLab
> President, Readium Foundation
>

>> Le 18 sept. 2024 à 16:08, Wendy Reid (W3C Calendar) <noreply+calendar@w3.org> a écrit :
>>
>> View this event in your browser <https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/12a090ec-425d-4163-b14b-2fca1bb19fa4/>
>> Publishing Maintenance Working Group Upcoming Confirmed
>> 23 September 2024, 09:00 -16:00 America/Los_Angeles
>>

>> 11:30 - 12:30 PDT / 18:30 - 19:30 UTC / 03:30 - 04:30 JST: Locators and Annotations
>> Locators Draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11GypOjE9xOTaINATl5bxVIA3Mc9jzNBGCr6GT_KNaQ4/edit#heading=h.gbsmtjlkuon
>> EPUB CFI: https://w3c.github.io/epub-specs/epub33/epubcfi/
>> Web Annotations:
>> https://www.w3.org/TR/annotation-protocol/