Re: Welcome to our Publishing CG

Hello everyone, my name is Will Crichton. I'm a postdoctoral researcher at
Brown University, where I study the human factors of programming languages.
I am interested in developing better document languages (like LaTeX and
Markdown) and formats (like PDF and EPUB). Most recently, I wrote a popular
post about how to make EPUB a competitive alternative to PDF:
https://willcrichton.net/notes/portable-epubs/

I have also developed a prototype document language for interactive web
documents: https://nota-lang.org/

My main goal is to make HTML documents an acceptable format in academia.
Today, academic papers and textbooks are expected to be published as PDFs,
with HTML being an afterthought. I'm interested in discussing practical
paths for changing this state of affairs.