Re: Welcome to our Publishing CG

Hi Wolfgang & all:

Thanks for the warm welcome to the W3C Publishing Community Group! I'm excited to participate and be part of this community.

A bit about me: I'm Mike Baker, and I currently serve as a VP of Digital Experience, Development & Strategy at HMH. I a mange a team that support HMH to develop standard based and accessible digital content souutions. We also work on AI/ML as well as Web Application Development. I am a board member of the IDPF and have co-chaired the EPUB For Education working group for IMS Global.
 In my current role, I manage the development of customer-facing solutions and backend publishing processes, all of which adhere to EPUB3 specifications and WCAG 2.1 for our interactive solutions. My team has in the past also been deeply involved in Fixed Layout EPUBs developemnt at HMH and is dedicated to implementing accessibility best practices for our content solutions.

I'm particularly passionate about accessibility and inclusive design, so the Accessibility TF (A11Y) you mentioned is of great interest to me. But I look forward to contributing to any discussions and initiatives within the group and sharing insights from my experience.

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome, and I'm eager to engage with the W3C Publishing CG community.

Let me know how I can get started.
Best regards,
Mike

[cidimage001.jpg@01D6977A.48FAAB40]

Mike Baker
Vice President, Digital Experience Development & Strategy (DXD&S)

Core Solutions

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

2700 La Frontera Blvd.

Suite 100