Re: XHTML is no longer being maintained

Ivan,

> So what does it mean when you say "QTI3 is unlikely to adopt the HTML
> syntax"? Does it mean that they will generate those narrative subtrees in
> HTML but using the XML conventions, or that they will rely on XHTML
> processing of, say, scripts, script tags, and things like that?

I mean that QTI3 documents (including the top-level QTI tags and
narrative HTML subtrees) parse as XML. QTI3 is not directly handled by
browsers.  Rather, it is converted to HTML and then handled by browsers.  I
am sure that QTI3 implementations rely on XML parsers very heavily.

Regards,
Makoto

慶應義塾大学政策・メディア研究科特任教授
村田 真