From: Gregorio Pellegrino - Fondazione LIA <gregorio.pellegrino@fondazionelia.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 10:30 AM
To: kerscher@montana.com <kerscher@montana.com>, 'Avneesh Singh' <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>, public-epub3@w3.org <public-epub3@w3.org>, public-publishingcg@w3.org <public-publishingcg@w3.org>
Cc: 'Hans Beerens' <HansBeerens@dedicon.nl>, 'Domenico Micheletti' <domenico.micheletti@agencemxo.com>, 'Jean-Benoît Dumais' <jbdumais@leslibraires.ca>, 'Christian Roy' <christian@a10s.ca>
Subject: R: [A11Y] Agenda of Accessibility TF meeting (Publishing CG): Thu, Jan 26, at 15 UTC

[EXTERNAL] This message comes from an external organization.
Aloha Accessibility Task Force,
following today editors' call on the UX guide for accessibility metadata document, we have made some revisions to the groupings proposed in the shared spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rUCXkVE0bFeXf0hJvyPkKkIBeBHIGPYUFWKrQqLJHl8/edit?usp=sharing). While the changes are mostly minor shifts, we did have some questions that came up during the call that we would like to discuss with you in more detail.

You can find these questions in column B of the shared file, and I have also included them below for your convenience:

  *   In which category do we place the taggedPDF metadata?
  *   Is accessModeSufficient = visual relevant to ebooks? All ebooks can be accessed visually, isn't it? Perhaps it is significant for audiobooks, but then it would be clearly exposed that it is an audiobook.
  *   Is the highContrastDisplay metadata related to the publication or the reading device?
  *   Does it make sense to group "Use of color" metadata in "Reading Mode: Visual Adjustments" or is it better to move it?
  *   Perhaps we can merge "Reading Mode: Audio" with "Reading Mode: Non visual", or at least bring it back as a sub-category
  *   Is the bookmarks feature related to the publication or the reading device? Is this related to PDFs?
  *   In what situations does the metadata accessibilityFeature = none make sense? Do we group it in Conformance?

We would like to discuss these questions in tomorrow's call and any other concerns you may have. Your expertise is vital in ensuring that we don't miss any important accessibility metadata use cases.

Please note that the group names are just a proposal and we are open to suggestions for better names, especially for the Reading Mode category. If you have any ideas, please feel free to share them with us.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Gregorio

---
Gregorio Pellegrino
Chief Accessibility Officer