Re: Signaling opt-out from TDM / AI scrapping in EPUB files

Hi Eric,

"Do not Track" didn't succeed in part because there was no legal risk in ignoring it (-> and we end up with awful cookie banners now because of a bad interpretation of the EU GDPR). There were other initiatives more or less related to copyrights and mining before (some are listed here <https://w3c.github.io/tdm-reservation-protocol/docs/initiatives.html>) and they were ignored mostly because not legally binding.

Now, at least in the EU (but it seems there are other laws built in other regions), there is a legal "exception or limitation to the rights of rightsholders on lawfully accessible content, for reproductions and extractions for the purposes of TDM', and a legal opt-out for this exception. Even terribly limited and unclear, this is changing how the game is played.

Laurent