From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 7:32 AM
To: Daihei Shiohama <shiohama@mediado.jp>
Cc: AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>; McCloy-Kelley, Liisa <lmccloy-kelley@penguinrandomhouse.com>; Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>; W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: EPUBCheck 4.2.1 error message issue raised from Japan

Folks,

Although I agree on the proposed changes to EPUBCheck, I
do not think that we should stop there.

Having seen examples summarized by Takami-san, I now think
that future EPUB publications will continue to have this
idiosyncrasy: the occurrence order in the navigation document
will be different from that in the spine.

How can we make such EPUB publications accessible?
Some people (e.g., blind people) heavily rely on structural
navigation, which is driven by navigation documents.  Won't
they be mislead?  If so, is it possible to improve EPUB for
overcoming this problem?

--
Regards,
Makoto