Re: W3C [PBG] Regrets : Agenda for 20190604 call - European/US time

Regrets, will be in train at that time. Will read the minutes.

With regards
Avneesh
From: AUDRAIN LUC
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 16:11
To: W3C Publishing Business Group
Cc: McCloy-Kelley, Liisa ; Daihei Shiohama
Subject: W3C [PBG] Agenda for 20190604 call - European/US time

Hello Publishing Business Group members,

Below is the agenda for our call tomorrow coming Tuesday, June 4th, to be held at [0].

Call at  https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/Meetings/gotomeetings [2]

W3C IRC: http://irc.w3.org/  (IRC channel #pbg).

Last week PBG call minutes: https://w3c.github.io/publ-bg/Meetings/Minutes/2019/2019-05-28-pbg

Agenda

  a.. Updates/Discussion
    a.. Audiobook theme
      a.. Support from US and European publishers
      b.. Benefit Distribution standard from tools like ProTools
    a.. Web Publication
      a.. Other profiles ?
      b.. What are publishers need for future business cases
        a.. Elaborate on business cases
        b.. Comic/Manga or More general graphic content with visual navigation: Children books, Cooking/Recipes, etc.
    a.. Global communication on EPUB 3.2 and EPUBCheck 4.2.1
      a.. Testimonials
        a.. APL Testimonial: EPUB 3 is a de facto standard in Japanese eBook industry and we welcome the sustainable evolution of EPUB 3. APL looks forward to EPUB 3.2 as the first update of EPUB 3 by W3C and we support continuous maintenance with reasonable compatibility. Shinya Takami, EPUB-WG leader, Advenced Publishing Laboratory
      a.. PR on Publishing newsletters/ magazines
      b.. Promote global adoption
    a.. Digital Publishing Summit in Paris (6/25-6/26)
      a.. https://www.edrlab.org/events/dpub-summit-2019/
      b.. DPS Program: https://www.edrlab.org/events/dpub-summit-2019/dps-program/
    a.. TPAC 2019 Fukuoka registration open (9/16-9/20)
      a.. Early bird until 6/21
      b.. https://www.w3.org/register/tpac2019
  a.. Preparation for TPAC Fukuoka PBG F2F 9/19 Thursday Morning
    a.. Schedule: https://www.w3.org/2019/09/TPAC/schedule.html
    b.. Co-chairs
    c.. Program Committee members to be appointed
    d.. First draft agenda with list of item, to be discussed in call: e.g. Intro, Agenda items from DPS Program, Accessibility/DAISY Japan, Web Publications, etc.

  a.. Questions/Comments
  a.. Action Items and Next Steps

On behalf of PBG co-chairs

Luc Audrain