From:  Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Date:  Monday, October 29, 2018 at 9:37 AM
To:  Brian O'Leary <brian@bisg.org>, W3C Publishing Business Group
<public-publishingbg@w3.org>
Cc:  "Johnson, Rick" <Rick.Johnson@vitalsource.com>, Ric Wright
<rkwright@geofx.com>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Subject:  Re: [External] My opinions about the future of EPUB 3.2

All reading systems independent from booksellers provide side-loading and
therefore promote interoperability within the marketplace. Look at Bluefire
reader, Lis-a reader, Bookari, Aldiko, FolioReader, FBReader, Bookeen, TEA
or Tolino e-readers etc.

And some reading systems published by booksellers are also open to this (LEA
Reader from Adilibre/Albin Michel comes to my head but they are certainly
many others).

For a customer, being able to select one favorite app for its whole personal
library is a great feature; and for booksellers, making so that customers
choose their app (with a direct access to their catalog) should be a goal.

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
EDRLab