From: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:43 AM
To: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>; bobbytung@w3.org
Cc: W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>; Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>; yanni@dpublishing.org.tw
Subject: RE: Thoughts on rechartering and the future of publications on the web

>In my understanding, they use images or PDF files.   For accessiblity reasons,  I am not happy.

PDF files can be made as accessible as an EPUB, though admittedly with some more work (depending on the authoring environment).   You will find that PDF/UA (the PDF Universal Accessibility standard) has been adopted as a national standard in numerous countries around the world as an accepted solution for accessible publications.

Leonard