Re: [a11y] Con call for strategy for ISO standardization of EPUB accessibility specs w.r.t. EPUB 3.2: March 16, at 15 UTC

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 23:06:11 +0000
To: W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>
 Dear colleagues,

One of my hats is the official liaison from SC34 to W3C, as appointed
in the SC34 Tokyo plenary in 2017.

> Some links to refresh previous discussions on this topic:
> https://github.com/w3c/publ-a11y/wiki/ISO-Standardization-Discussion
>

> https://github.com/w3c/publ-a11y/wiki/Three-procedures-for-creating-ISO-IEC-specifications

Things have changed.  We now have only option: the
normal procedure.  The fast-track procedure is no longer
an option due to the lack of resources in Korea.

I hope to make one decision in this meeting.

Decision 1: Let ISO/IEC publish EPUB 3.0.1 as Technical Specifications ASAP.

We have two immediate actions.

Action 1: Study Part 2 of ISO/IEC Directives and estimate
the amount of works required for rewriting EPUB 3.2 according
to it.

Action 2: Determine whether EPUB Accessibility should be detached from
EPUB 3.2 or not.

Regards,
Makoto

Makoto