Re: Deep concerns about the future of EPUB

Le 02/01/2018 à 17:09, Ruffilo, Nick a écrit :

> Daniel,
>
> So your take on “who owns creating these “style guides”” would then be publishers or some organization like the IDPF, and not the W3C.

The IDPF does not exist any more. And I doubt publishers will work on
it. I think external authors will play a role there if and only if our
specs are of good quality and if there's an incentive to write a book,
i.e. potential buyers.

> My understanding was that – at least with the W3C Digital Publishing group – the goal was to figure out where the existing web technologies are lacking a specific publisher/publishing related need, and then determining a solution for that (and if the solution is a new spec, so be it).

We make solutions on the technical side. Even the CG is not Chartered to
work on know-hows or tutorials. This is just not our job.

</Daniel>