Re: Deep concerns about the future of EPUB

Le 02/01/2018 à 16:05, Ruffilo, Nick a écrit :

> I’ve been on many sides – ebook developer, reading system developer, and ebook creation software.  A publisher doesn’t care if there is a <recipe> tag, they just want their recipe to display well on all devices – so as long as a clear and consistent way is provided in example that reading systems can expect and test (using existing HTML & CSS) then great.  Additionally, accessibility should also be considered with all the examples/guides.
>
> I honestly believe that none of this is really new to anyone, and that we’ve had discussions around things like this, but the question is – who would own creating these “style guides” per say.  And while I doubt you could get publishers to agree on one specific style for recipes, but having an HTML structure with some common CSS styles to give publishers enough control is well within reason.

Even if I fully agree that "style guides" are immensely useful,
this is an issue for all standardization groups, whatever the standards
body. We're here to write standards and that's the quality of our
standards and the spread of our software ecosystem that drives
authors to write tutorials and "best practice" documentation. We just
don't have the workforce to do such a HUGE effort.

</Daniel>