De : <eb2mmrt@gmail.com<mailto:eb2mmrt@gmail.com>> on behalf of MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp<mailto:eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>>
Date : mardi 24 avril 2018 à 19:31
À : W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org<mailto:public-publishingbg@w3.org>>
Objet : My note for the minutes about ISO/IEC standardization
Renvoyer - De : <public-publishingbg@w3.org<mailto:public-publishingbg@w3.org>>
Renvoyer - Date : mardi 24 avril 2018 à 19:32

A task force was created to study the five options listed in the wiki page [1] "Five options for creating ISO/IEC specifications for EPUB 3.X and EPUB A11Y".  This taskforce agreed to adopt option 4, which is basically ISO/IEC standardization of EPUB 3.0.1 and EPUB Accessibility 1.0.

Note: Adopting option 4 now does not prevent us from adopting option 1, 2, or 3 in the future.  In other words, we can later adopt one of these three options for standardizing EPUB 3.2.

The agreement of the task force was endorsed in the Publishing Business Group meeting on April 24.  Bill McCoy will explain this decision to the W3M and try to
get permission.

To adopt option 4, the PBG has to send two liaison statements.  The first letter has to be sent to SC34/JWG7 before their meeting on May 16, 2018.  In this letter, we will ask JWG7 *not* to publish 3.0.1 as Technical Specifications.  The second letter has to be sent to the Korean SC34 mirror.  In that letter, we will ask Korea to submit 3.0.1 as fast-tracked Draft International Standards.

Murata volunteered to write the drafts of these two liaison statements.  The PBG will review the draft letters.  As a co-chair of the PBG, Audrain Luc will send the reviewed letters to SC34/JWG7 and Korea.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/publ-a11y/wiki/Five-options-for-creating-ISO-IEC-specifications

--

Makoto