Re: Whither MathML support?

Hi,

I have a couple questions that bother me about this issue. First was the
issue of accessibility. It has seemed as there is no way to have a
semantic version of Math and presentation together. Is there ever going
to be a single solution for Math that has just one version for both as
HTML text has had (especially in HTML5)?

The second question, and as a strong supporter of XML, is it possible to
semantically represent math with XML? For example, there is no real way
to have page and line numbers in XML as well as paragraphs that span
them, as this breaks nestedness. The fixes for this are problematic
within XML. Is math intrinsically impossible to represent in XML? Or is
it just so difficult there is no solution that can be both semantic and
presentation? And is there an XSLT possible that can transform them in
either direction?

Sorry if the answers are obvious, but I had not heard of them.

Daniel