Re: Whither MathML support?

On Thu, 2017-09-07 at 08:32 -0500, Ric Wright wrote:
> I agree with most of this.  But IMO there is a large divide between
> vertical Japanese text and MathML.  One is pretty much a requirement
> in Japan, while MathML is somewhat of a niche language.

You seriously went all the way through school without having an
equation in a text book? :)

But yes, I agree there's similarity with SVG. And CSS took a long time
to catch on too, even though the use of generic styles for markup was
an integral part of SGML itself.

Best,

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/