To boil this down I see 2 separation motivations for getting ISO status for current/future EPUB 3 family work:

1. Enabling EPUB 3 to be referenced by a11y mandates (sometimes ISO designation is a must or at least challenging to get referenced without).

2. Finessing lack of status of CG-produced documents at W3C by obtaining ISO status.

#1 was the main reason IDPF did EPUB 3.0 as ISO TS in the first place.

Now that we have ISO TS 30135 from EPUB 3.0 is it not totally clear to me how much added value we get in this regard from upgrade to EPUB 3.1 or from separate TS for EPUB Accessibility 1.0 or 1.1. I have to defer to a11y experts to explain this to us.

#2 as per my email I don't think is a good reason because I think instead we should be promoting that CG-produced documents in the case of EPUB 3 are a bit different than other W3C CG work products in part due to PBG approval process. So EPUB 3 is still actively being developed with no lesser process than IDPF had. But this is only my personal opinion based on the discussions between IDPF and W3C during the combination process. IMO it is up to the PBG and EPUB 3 CG to consider this.

--Bill