Re: Publishing BG becoming a CG?

Dear each,

As a newly involved person, it took me some time to understand the groups
and their articulations. I find the structure well-organized, with a
steering committee overseeing both business and technical activities and a
community group to gather a wide range of ideas. I’m still confused about
the interactions between each group. When does an idea become technical
work? How is a business concern raised and addressed?

While many names repeat across different groups, there are also individuals
I only encounter in specific groups. The problem might not lie in the
structure itself but rather in the limited number of people involved,
resulting in too much work on too few shoulders. The solution could be to
ensure that new people join and find an engaging place to take action so
that there is less concentration on a few people.

To achieve that, we should approach the problem from a user-centric
perspective and try to understand why users of our work are participating
less widely. I believe inviting everyone to technical groups is not the
best solution. Instead, I see a need for a safe space to discuss business
matters without technical jargon.

Although we have many experts representing various industry segments, we
miss crucial business insights because too few directly concerned
business-focused individuals are joining. I suggest addressing that through
stakeholder-focused communication, perhaps by repeating the 2020 survey.
That would also help us redesign our charters.

Gautier.

--
*Gautier Chomel *
*Project manager | ebook quality & accessibility*