Re: Publishing BG becoming a CG?

Ivan,

I've been talking to several publishers as well as publishing industry
related members in Japan who have been actively participating in PBG after
your email sent last weekend. In addition to their desire to keep the PBG
with the current status, they mention that they are not clear about what
caused the idea of changing BG to CG. Though CG could be more open or open
to any W3C members, the reason they have been retaining the W3C membership
is for privileged discussion and information available to the members.
Some say if only interested in business related discussion, would it mean
that keeping the membership may not be necessary?

As a W3C Evangelist, I address the importance and value of the W3C
membership to all the people I talk to and keep them informed on the value
of participating in other W3C groups even outside of publishing. I face a
quandary of this BG and CG discussion.

Best,

Daihei