From: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:50 AM
To: AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>; 'W3C Publishing Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Next PubSC call, EPBUBCheck dev status

Can we also get an update on the survey for future EPUB features?
On 12/12/2019 9:44 AM, AUDRAIN LUC wrote:
Hi,

For our PubSC call tomorrow, I’d like to bring to your attention the following subject :`

validator.idpf.org
Status

  *   Updated for free by DAISY in January 2019 to EPUBCheck 4.1.1 (not in EPUBCheck revision plan)
  *   Statistics show real usage : more than 4800 unique IPs per month in 2019 (see attached)
  *   DAISY can update it to latest EPUBCheck (4.2.2)

Issues

  *   Hosted by DAISY Consortium, It is unreliable and goes down frequently and it consumes a lot of server cycles
  *   If we want to keep it

     *   It should be improved to consume less resources and be more reliable
     *   It should not be on idpf.org anymore

Will be a subject on next PBG call agenda

  *   And questioning its utility will be included in the publishing survey

Best,
Luc