From: Bill McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 10:18 AM
To: 'PBG Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: PBG SC call today - 8:00am ET

Hi,

Liisa is on deck to chair today's biweekly call at the usual time (in 45 minutes), using standard PWG access info per https://www.w3.org/publishing/groups/publ-wg/Meetings/gotomeetings . Direct access: https://app.gotomeeting.com/?meetingId=994278485

Per Liisa, proposed agenda:

  *   discussion of the thread relative to EPUB and Beyond Promotion and discuss how to continue that energy.
  *   recap from the WG meeting.
  *   publishing situation is for the 3.2 docs and followup on the IDPF website and the epubZone.

I am jumping on a plane to Chicago in 30 minutes so am regrets for the call as is Luc. It appears I've successfully pre-started the meeting w/ Laurent's  credentials but it's possible that won't stick after my internet connection terminates and if so hopefully someone else can restart it (I believe Ivan and others haves the EDRLab access info)

One more update on EPUBZone.org since I won't be on today's call - the new domain owner was cooperative and removed cloned front page articles and links to cloned content from the site menu, some deep links may still get there for the time being. Again mea culpa for it not getting renewed. If someone wants to make a proposal for where to archive the real site content / where to put new content that'd be great. For archival I could suggest we do it under IDPF since it was all historical to the IDPF period, i.e. we have http://idpf.org/epubzone/... . I suspect we could get the new site owner to redirect deep links to specific resources into this new archive. We could also move specific resources that will be maintained (so aren't just historical archives) to third party partners such as DAISY.

Re: September Tokyo events, we are making progress and the proposed workshop co-chairs and Ivan/I have been working to validate that we can get critical mass of global attendees for the proposed Sep 18-19 dates and that is looking good (and other dates not good). Draft of announcement / call for proposals is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wExl8Cxh8kMhzZu5UrWLhspMU2ZmGA6Wz3pmjtWQ5eY/edit?usp=sharing . The plan is to clean it up with the co-chairs over the weekend and socialize it with PBG early next week + gain W3M go-ahead. There will also be an adjacent seminar targeting Japanese publisher audience as well as other member meetings. SC folks feel free to make comments now.

Thanks,

--Bill