RE: does SC care if it's W3C Publishing Summit or Publishing@W3C Summit?

Hi Graham, your logic is convincing (as indeed it was in London). And to take it a step further, this event is not merely *in support of * Publishing@W3C initiatives, it *is* one of the Publishing@W3C initiatives and as previously noted it will be the main thing we do this year that is other than spec development.

But… the brand we really want to support is W3C as the real message is the intersection of publishing and the whole Open Web Platform.  And the agenda for the event is not by any means even  limited to the things going on at W3C overall because it has broader topics and goals. And, critically, attendees will not necessarily be participating in the *other* Publishing@W3C activities (they may or may not be interested in the work of development of Web Standards).

By analogy suppose EDItEUR had within its massive organization a Metadata division referred to as Metadata@EDItEUR, and was holding a conference about metadata, organized by that division as one of its key initiatives. I don’t think it would be likely that it would seem apt to call this a ” Metadata@EDItEUR Summit” but rather an “EDItEUR Metadata Summit”  since the main brand is after all EDItEUR and since the event will not be just about the work going on within this fictional Metadata@EDItEUR.

Anyway that’s how I’ve come to feel about it since you convinced me the first time in London…

And to not over-think it to me – “W3C Publishing Summit” definitely comes to mind much more easily than “Publishing@W3C Summit”.

Can others weigh in?

--Bill