Re: Browser outreach?

Hi Bill

I don’t mind pushing out until you get back. If no one has any objections to that I would like to have you Bill in the original meeting also.

Mike

From: Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org>
Date: Friday 24 March 2017 at 17:51
To: 'Ivan Herman' <ivan@w3.org>, "Baker, Mike (Dublin)" <mike.baker@hmhco.com>
Cc: 'Garth Conboy' <garth@google.com>, 'W3C Publishing Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Browser outreach?

This message originated from outside your organization
Hi Mike and all,

I think it would be good to proceed to have a call with Microsoft; however, I’m on vacation the next 2 weeks with limited access so I will defer to you all to work with Ivan about it. I would hope to have a chance to follow up in person in Redmond at some point later on since I’m local. Also there are issues (use of Readium software by Microsoft, getting EPUB 3 to be indexed by Bing search engine, EPUB 3 export as a MS Word feature) that may not be in scope for the initial discussion about their current work and introducing them and hopefully getting them to commit to being involved in the new WG work kicking off for Web Publications.

If you want to include EDRLab CTO Laurent Le Meur that could be useful, he’s based in Paris.

I’ll stay tuned to hear what happens and follow up as appropriate. I’m back in the office starting April 11 with pretty open calendar the next 2 weeks after that so feel free to sign me up for anything.

--Bill