RE: opportunity to represent Publishing@W3C at IDEAlliance event in NYC April 17

Please disregard - this event is being postponed until late summer.

--Bill

From: Bill McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:46 AM
To: 'W3C Publishing Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Cc: 'Karen Myers' <karen@w3.org>; 'Dianne Kennedy'
<dkennedy@idealliance.org>
Subject: opportunity to represent Publishing@W3C at IDEAlliance event in NYC
April 17

Hi, IDEAlliance (magazine focused trade and standards association) is
holding an event in NYC on April 17 and would like to have a panel about
Publishing@W3C. Unfortunately neither myself nor Karen Myers is available
but if one or two Steering Committee members are in NYC that day and could
do it I think it would be a good opportunity. certainly not a "must do"
particularly given short notice for the invitation, but worthwhile given our
need to expand the community to get representation from additional
communities. Please LMK if interested or directly respond to their CTO and
organizer for the event Dianne Kennedy (Dianne Kennedy
dkennedy@idealliance.org <mailto:dkennedy@idealliance.org> ) (and in that
case please cc: Karen and myself).

Thanks!

--Bill

Right now we have the first panel scheduled for 10:00 am on April 17:

PUBLISHING ON THE OPEN WEB: Introduction to W3C's New Publishing Initiative

*	Panelists:  Karen Myers, Bill McCoy, Brian O'Leary BISG
*	Format: Brief W3C Presentation followed by town hall discussion
*	Abstract

*	What is the Open Web?
*	What role does W3C play?
*	What is the W3C vision for publishing
*	Explanation of the merger of EPUB (IDPF) with the W3C
*	What are the new W3C publishing initiatives
*	Why is it important that magazines be represented?
*	Audience Q&A/Discussion