Re: Start of Advisory Board Election - Call for Nominations

All,

While my interest has not changed, I do have three concerns:
1. My relative newness.  There are so many things about the W3C that I’m still learning.  I’ve read thru the last 6 months of posted meeting summaries for the AB, which confirmed how much I have to learn!
2. Is this the right time?  The 4 seats up for election (Google, Microsoft, and the representatives of China and Russia) have a lot of gravitas.  Would targeting next year’s election be better? (see https://www.w3.org/Member/Board/ )
3. The travel.  I’m still unclear on the obligations vs. requirements here.

-Rick