Re: [Minutes] 2020-07-27

From: Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 19:12:06 +0200
Cc: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Hi,

I read in the minutes, from Garth:  "the only major issue is finding the reading order from the TOC instead of the manifest."

I don't see why one should find the reading order from the TOC; only the manifest contains this information and the manifest is mandatory. The TOC is only ... a hierarchical structure of links to parts of the content, with some style added because HTML.

We'll do the necessary to complete the implementation and pass all Audiobooks tests in Thorium before the end of September. Note that from the start, these are not reading system tests, but tests of the specification itself. So saying that a reading system passes the tests is not perfectly in sync with the purpose of these tests. Not a big deal.

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
CTO EDRLab