Re: [Minutes] F2F meeting minutes

From: toshiaki koike <koike@voyager.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 17:16:36 +0200
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, Addison Phillips <addison@lab126.com>
Hi Ivan,

*

On the title of metadata, about the necessity of ruby ​​in Japanese.

I beleive that ruby ​​is not necessary for metadata title, author's name.

Reason 1:

The use of HTML tags as a metadata format at bookstores is not permitted.

Amazon, Google Playbooks, Apple Books Store, Rakuten kobo, honto,
Kinikuniya, BookLive !, ...

In these cases, HTML tags can not be used for metadata title and author
name. The use of HTML tags is permitted only for content descriptions.

> Garth, I recognize Google PlayBooks metadata is above spec. That's right?

Reason 2:

In the above-mentioned bookstores, an input item of
"title_pronunciation" is prepared. Regarding titles that are difficult
to read, you do not need to add ruby ​​to the title as you follow here.

**

*Should I write in https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/299?*

*