TPAC Wednesday Session: Personalization

From: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:14:07 +0000
To: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Hello Publishing WG,

For those attending TPAC and will still be around on Wednesday for the Plenary day, I would encourage you to consider attending my session on how we should implement Personalization as this will be something we will want to be able to personalize Web Publications.

The Personalization TF under the APA would like for you to attend our session<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2018/SessionIdeas#Personalization_-_How_Should_It_Be_Implemented.3F> sometime on Wednesday entitled:

“Personalization - How Should It Be Implemented?"

Below are links to a comparison document of various approaches we are considering, an explainer and the 3 modules we have now published as working drafts.  We value your expert advice and buy-in and want to your help to choose an implementation that will be easy for content authors to create personalized web content but also be scaleable and adopted by host languages and/or user agents.

  *   Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content<https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Comparison-of-ways-to-use-vocabulary-in-content>
  *   Personalization Semantics Explainer 1.0<https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/WD-explainer-and-module1-FPWD-module2-and-module3/explainer.html>
  *   Personalization Semantics Content Module 1.0<https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/WD-explainer-and-module1-FPWD-module2-and-module3/content/index.html>
  *   Personalization Help and Support 1.0<https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/WD-explainer-and-module1-FPWD-module2-and-module3/help/index.html>
  *   Personalization Tools 1.0<https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/WD-explainer-and-module1-FPWD-module2-and-module3/tools/index.html>

Thanks
EOM

Charles LaPierre
Technical Lead, DIAGRAM and Born Accessible
Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y
Skype: charles_lapierre
Phone: 650-600-3301