Re: [Minutes] 2018-10-15

From: Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:26:09 +0530
To: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "W3C Publishing Working Group" <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Hi Ivan,

Will like to point to a missing comment that is important for discussion related to WP in non-WP aware browsers.
Existing:
Avneesh Singh: The original proposal is like a design principles about what goes into WP - if it’s important or useful, then it comes to the question of must/can. There is a possibility that we want flexibility about the TOC being in the manifest or entry page. All of that in making a WP available in a non-WP-aware browser

Actual comment:
Avneesh Singh: The original proposal is like a design principles about what goes into WP - if it’s important or useful, then it comes to the question of must/can. There is a possibility that we want flexibility about the TOC being in the manifest or entry page. This is why the proposal also mentions profiles, we may keep the flexibility of WP and create a profile that provides guidance for creating a WP that can be read in non-WP aware browser.

Thank you
Avneesh