Re: Feedback on WP Spec from Kobo

From: Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 16:34:52 +0200
Cc: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>, "Reid, Wendy" <wendy.reid@rakuten.com>, "Dugas, Ben" <ben.dugas@rakuten.com>, "Xu, Zheng | KGB" <zheng.xu@rakuten.com>
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Dear Leonard,

You know that EDRLab is deeply involved in the process of pushing accessibility in Europe. Accessibility is one of our pillars.
WP and EPUB4 will both support a large set of accessibility features (mostly because the HTML content will be structured and tagged accordingly).
EPUB 4 will *recommend* that publications are accessible.
Daisy will offer ACE as a great tool for assessing and quantifying the accessibility of EPUB 4 and WP content.
Still, I don't think that EPUB 4 will ever *mandate* (i.e. require) a certain minimum level of accessibility as defined by ACE; and this for strategic and practical reasons.

But we'll see...

Cordialement,

Laurent Le Meur
EDRLab