Re: Minimal WPUB for a scholarly paper (of sort)

From: Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 16:14:13 +0200
Cc: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>

"resource" is not a schema.org <http://schema.org/> term (-> 404) but the property  is extended with a schema.org <http://schema.org/> prefix because of the default context.

>> too bad that we don't have a rel value for the object representations in resources, this would allow us to re-use existing rel values such as privacy-policy or contents
>
> Agreed, and it may one of the items we would have to see with schema.org <http://schema.org/>. I guess that, for the purpose of WPUB, we can agree to use the http://schema.org/disambiguatingDescription <http://schema.org/disambiguatingDescription> term for something like that, but a controlled vocabulary may have been better indeed.

If I remember well, the initial "news" extension of schema.org <http://schema.org/> was a mess and the IPTC consortium was active to make it a correct set of properties. The W3C Publishing group could do the same -> work on schema.org <http://schema.org/>

Best
Laurent