RE: [AudioTF] Some helpful comments from an audio publisher

> I should be allowed to create a Web Audio Publication, using a HTML PEP with the ToC in it, package it, and call it a bona fide audio book.

Call me jaded, but we’ve gone down this road before with EPUB trying to make it the format for manga/comics and magazines (that immediately spring to mind), and it didn’t succeed. I’m not getting the impression that web deployment of audiobooks as web publications is a primary concern, so forcing compromises that makes them conforming may not be the best way to tackle the problem for either format.

I’d only aim for easy translation if it better meets the needs of the people who will actually be deploying/consuming the audiobooks, otherwise we’re likely just going to walk the same path again.

Matt