Re: (Experimental) W3C document dependencies' roadmap for publishing

Jiminy, Florian,

thanks.

Jiminy, I must admit that, at this point, I was happy to put together the roadmap file; as Florian would surely recognize, I have take the list of CSS modules he referred to in his PR in our repo.

The CSS modules are particularly complicated, because there lots of them and, if we are not careful, we will pull the collection of all the CSS modules into the roadmap:-). I would certainly welcome some help in reorganizing the content in that file to make it more palatable.

I have prepared a PR to expand the current list with the ones you guys have listed. Once the PR is accepted it will appear.

Ivan

> On 29 Sep 2017, at 06:09, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net <mailto:florian@rivoal.net>> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 29, 2017, at 02:32, Jiminy Panoz <jiminy@chapalpanoz.com <mailto:jiminy@chapalpanoz.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I couldn’t tell if the CSS Modules section was mainly about pagination or not (sorry, it was at least kinda unclear to me) but if you’re looking for extra “bookish modules” in the shorter term:
>>
>> CSS Rhythmic Sizing (https://www.w3.org/TR/css-rhythm-1/), <https://www.w3.org/TR/css-rhythm-1/),> comparable as a baseline grid in DTP tools;
> If you include Rhythmic Sizing (which is a reasonable suggestion), you should probably include https://drafts.csswg.org/css-line-grid-1/ <https://drafts.csswg.org/css-line-grid-1/> as well, as they are related: they are possibly complementary, possibly only one of the two is needed, possibly we need a new approach on the same problem... The CSS WG is looking at both, and does not have a solid consensus yet.
>
> —Florian

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Publishing@W3C Technical Lead