Re: (Experimental) W3C document dependencies' roadmap for publishing

I couldn't tell if the CSS Modules section was mainly about pagination
or not (sorry, it was at least kinda unclear to me) but if you're
looking for extra "bookish modules" in the shorter term:

  * CSS Rhythmic Sizing (https://www.w3.org/TR/css-rhythm-1/),
comparable as a baseline grid in DTP tools;
  * CSS Fonts Module Level 4 (https://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-4/),
especially font-stretch, font-synthesis (oblique, which a lot of
publishers do in their DTP tools when an italic is not available), OTF,
color fonts, variable fonts.

Jiminy

Le 28.09.2017 18:51, Daniel Weck a écrit :

> Great!
> Daniel
>
> On 28 September 2017 at 15:56, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> I have played with something called "roadmap" for W3C documents, related to publishing:
>>
>> https://w3c.github.io/web-roadmaps/publishing/
>>
>> It is a sexier version of the reading list[1 [1]], containing such data as the status of the documents; for some cases the implementation status, etc. All these data are fetched, ie, they are up-to-date. Might be helpful.
>>
>> At the moment the generation of the file is still a bit messy; but it may evolve and we can all update the file by Github PR-s. When we have our documents published we should add a separate chapter for the status of our documents, so that it could be followed by others, if necessary...
>>
>> While I was at it, I also added two more references to [1 [1]], namely some points on the "Why not ZIP" questions. (I am not saying all those arguments are relevant for us, I am just a admin person on this:-)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ivan
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/w3c/publ-wg/wiki/Reading-List
>>
>> ----