New IRC bot to help us (wasL [PWG] 20170911 Agenda)

Dear all,

I have installed a new BOT (ie, online service) to our IRC channel to facilitate the recording of our discussions on Github issues. Essentially, the goal is that a particular part of our discussion, in case they are related to a particular issue, can be added as a comment to the issue. This may be helpful later if we want to trace back a particular decision, for example.

There is a description of the bot at[1]. To be honest, I have not yet used this BOT myself either; probably the only person that has used it (and who says he loves it) is Dave Cramer. However, it looks pretty simple:

[[[
Begin a topic on IRC:

 github: [URL of a GitHub issue]

The bot responds:

 * github-bot OK, I'll post this discussion to [URL of the GitHub issue]

Discuss the topic on IRC.

Add the resolutions:

 RESOLVED: frob the snozwuzzle breadth-first

Either begin a new topic:

 Topic: Semantics of the gribble

or explictly end the topic:

 github-bot, end topic
]]]

The "Topic" and "RESOLVED" are already part of the current scribing systems.

I found, in [2], an example of how the final comment looks like. Unfortunately, it refers back to the IRC log and not our official minutes so, in some cases, it may be necessary to add manually a reference, but it is still helpful to have it imho.

Cheers

Ivan

[1] https://github.com/dbaron/wgmeeting-github-ircbot/blob/master/README.md <https://github.com/dbaron/wgmeeting-github-ircbot/blob/master/README.md>
[2] https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1732#issuecomment-324393571 <https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1732#issuecomment-324393571>