Re: Can a publication change over time?

From: <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:13:23 +0200
Cc: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>, Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com>, Baldur Bjarnason <baldur@rebus.foundation>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>, Garth Conboy <garth@google.com>
To: Hugh McGuire <hugh@rebus.foundation>
+1 to Hugh.

The Web is not a CMS but traditional publishers can create a CMS on the Web.

What I mean is that if a publisher wants to guarantee a 100% controlled environment for its WPs, he just has to keep control on 100% of the resources he is dealing with, i.e. use a CMS to handle its HTML pages, images, CSS  and JS. Nothing really complex indeed.

We must keep the spec simple if adoption is what we want. The KISS principle is still alive.

Cordialement, Laurent