Re: addressable identifier?

From: <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 19:44:29 +0200
Cc: Romain <rdeltour@gmail.com>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
To: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
Imho the identifier of a WP is not required to be addressable. Any global identification scheme could be use in fact (e.g doi). But Urls are easy to mint and avoid centralization issues; they are the de facto identification scheme on the web. As the manifest is the only resource specific to a WP, its address is a logical choice.
Pls refrain using other arguments like "it's not what users want to share" : users will share the "start" URL which will be different.

Cordialement, Laurent