Re: definition of Web Publication

From: Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 18:03:12 -0400
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Cc: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>, George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>, Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>, AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>, Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>, Garth Conboy <garth@google.com>, Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>, Greg Albers <GAlbers@getty.edu>, "public-publ-wg@w3.org" <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:55 PM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
wrote:

> > bound together through a manifest into a single logical work
>

> That says packaged!   And, IMO, we need to be VERY CLEAR for WP that we
> are **not** talking about packaging.    If nothing else, get rid of the
> “into a single logical work”.

I think this just expresses the notion that a web publication represents a
single conceptual work, and that the abstract manifest serves to unite the
components in a logical sense. I don't see this implying that a web
publication is a single web resource or file.

A web publication of Moby-Dick may have 136 separate HTML files, but it's
still a single web publication, and a single logical work. I don't believe
this statement implies otherwise.

Dave