De : Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com<mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com>>
Date : mardi 25 juillet 2017 à 00:17
À : 'Garth Conboy' <garth@google.com<mailto:garth@google.com>>
Cc : "'Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken'" <tsiegman@wiley.com<mailto:tsiegman@wiley.com>>, 'W3C Publishing Working Group' <public-publ-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-publ-wg@w3.org>>
Objet : RE: definition of Web Publication
Renvoyer - De : <public-publ-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-publ-wg@w3.org>>
Renvoyer - Date : mardi 25 juillet 2017 à 00:18

To Garth, no, not omitted on purpose so much as not having a lot of time to think about it before having to run out. :)

To Leonard, sure, if you're concerned about interpretation it can be made more open. But, again, the definition as was written tells you nothing about a web publication or what makes it unique. I can see how that was agreed on for a specification that wasn't defining web publications, but if the idea is that we move to something more tangible, that's what I'd offer based on how discussions have progressed so far. It no doubt will need further tweaking as we progress, of course, and perhaps manifest will go away. But until then a manifest appears to be the course we're charting.

Updating from my original post, perhaps:

A Web Publication is a uniquely identifiable representation of a bounded work using Open Web Platform technologies. It is defined by a collection of constituent resources linked together through a manifest. The content of a Web Publication can take a wide variety of forms, from formal artistic and intellectual works to ad hoc documents and memos.

Matt