Re: [pwg] Remixing content - in scope for WP

And as discussed in the issue – there is also the question of what “remixing” means in this context.

Are we simply looking at allowing “linking” (vs. inclusion/embedding)?  Do it apply only to resources or also to “spine items”?  What about sub-items?

Leonard

From: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 12:12 PM
To: "public-publ-wg@w3.org" <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Subject: [pwg] Remixing content - in scope for WP

This was raised on GitHub [1], but I think it’s an issue about what’s in scope for WP.

Should WP, PWP, EPUB 4 allow remixing content? When we discussed this in the DPUB IG, we pushed out to a later date because of security concerns, cross-origins and many other issues.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/8

Tzviya Siegman
Information Standards Lead
Wiley