Re: Proposal to Republish CORS as Obsolete Recommendation (Call for Review)

Yep, although the concept is not gone. The WhatWG Fetch spec includes the same features as CORS[1] (as far as I know), so it is more that it is superseded. However, the Fetch spec is not a W3C spec, so, formally, superseded is not the right term…

Fetch is, of course:-), an extremely-difficult-to-read spec. Anybody knows of a good tutorial like text that we could use?

Ivan

[1] https://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#http-cors-protocol

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 13:10, Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com> wrote:
>
> Our group has mentioned CORS many times in our discussions of origins and manifests. It's worth noting that it is being formally obsoleted.
>
> Tzviya Siegman
> Information Standards Lead
> Wiley
> 201-748-6884